Susan is not accepting new clients at this time.
Business Litigation and Appeals
- Represented manufacturers, marketers, not-for-profit corporations, financial institutions, governmental entities and numerous other business entities and individuals in matters involving claims of breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, employment discrimination, conversion, civil theft, ILSA, tortious interference, eminent domain, and other corporate, contractual, real estate and business tort claims.
- Defended service provider under multi-million dollar contract with developer corporations and obtained $7 million judgment on counterclaim, which judgment was upheld on appeal and collected in full.
- Defended innovative technology inventors and investors against multi-million dollar claims of fraud and punitive damages, resulting in judgment on same for defendants.
- Defended developer against class action claim of fraudulent trade practices in connection with its reservation agreements, resulting in judgment of dismissal, which judgment was affirmed on appeal and attorney’s fees awarded.
- Enjoined former executives of various client corporations from competing with and using trade secrets of the companies.
- Defended employer against claims of race, age and disability discrimination, resulting in dismissal of action.
- Defended not-for-profit corporation in real estate and contract dispute involving multi-million dollar golf courses and club properties, resulting in settlement by which corporation retained all disputed monies.
- Defended corporation in defeating class action certification.
- Defended not-for-profit corporation in class action contract dispute, resulting in summary judgments against class members.
- Prosecuted bid protest, resulting in reversal of agency’s adverse bid decision for award of $43 million construction project.
- Prosecuted wrongful termination claim for chief executive officer, resulting in award for officer.
- Defended bank against multi-million dollar claims arising from losses in investment accounts, resulting in dismissal of action on final summary judgment, which judgment was upheld on appeal.
- Defended country club against claims challenging capital charges and structure, resulting in judgment for defendant.
- Defeated attempt to enjoin vote on club’s equity conversion plan.
- Defended ILSA and real estate contract actions, obtaining summary judgments.
- Litigated property owners’ eminent domain claims and governmental entities’ inverse condemnation and eminent domain proceedings.
- Defended individual in contractual and property dispute involving multi-million dollar land trust, resulting in denial of claim.