Susan is not accepting new clients at this time.
Utility Litigation and Appeals
- Defended and upheld many public utilities’ contracts, rate and fee structures, and recouped millions of dollars in unpaid and underpaid utility charges.
- Defended municipal annexation against service territory challenge, upholding annexation.
- Defended municipality’s reclaimed water system expansion and service territory, resulting in judgment for defendant defeating challenge.
- Prosecuted and obtained judgment permitting municipal utility to surcharge utility customers.
- Defeated challenge to and appeal of municipal annexation.
- Negotiated and structured more than $250 million in utility acquisitions.
- Represented governmental entities, utilities, and developers in service territory disputes.
- Represented clients and appeared before the Florida Public Service Commission.
- Consulted with and assisted utilities on legislation, operations and finances.